- FULL TIME - PERMANENT
- 14 DAYS ON / 7 DAYS OFF
- FIFO from Townsville OR DIDO from Cloncurry/Mt Isa
Compass Group are the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries and to the defence sector. The full spectrum of services offered ranges from the design and build of camp structures to operational support in catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics.
Our Chefs are employed to prepare, cook and serve good quality food for our customers on our sites which cater for 100 – 2500 residents. We currently have a vacancy at one of our remote sites - Dugald River a Chef Supervisor. The successful applicant will ensure all tasks associated with food production are completed with due regard to all Health, Safety and Food safety regulations. This person will support the head chef in kitchen and dining room delivery, and also cover the head chef during their week RnR by completing the following duties.
- Preparing buffet style bulk cooking for Breakfast and Crib lunch, or Dinner and Desserts
- You will work within a team of Chefs, kitchen utilities and dining room employees to deliver exceptional quality and service to the village residents
- Ordering to ensure there is adequate stock on hand to deliver the best product possible staying within food budget
- Organizing kitchen and dining room crew to deliver morning and evening meals
- Ensuring all OH&S compliance is a achieved, adhere to safe work practices and safe food handling procedures
- Ensure all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Offer guidance and support to the kitchen team where needed, to ensure a great experience for all customers
- Enhance workplace culture – display high levels of customer service, contribute ideas and be flexible to meet the needs of the business
- You will be a qualified Chef with Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Previous experience at Sous Chef or Supervisor Chef level is ideal
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be a team player, but also be able to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to fit in with changing teams
We place great importance in looking after our people and offer excellent career opportunities including opportunities anywhere in Australia (or the world) where we operate, corporate health plan discounts, a range of discounts and special offers with our preferred benefit providers, learning and development opportunities, service awards and reward and recognition programs including our annual Star Awards
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.