Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide. Our Eurest portfolio offers a range of solutions catering for busy people at work which include grab 'n' go, barista coffee, food court options and contemporary staff restaurants.
Right now, we're seeking a Part Time Kitchen Hand to join our hospitality team onsite at Ford in Broadmeadows. This is an exciting opportunity for creative ‘foodies’ working within a close-knit team that will allow you to develop your skills and build your knowledge alike.
The role is Monday - Friday with the hours of 8am - 4pm on a rotating roster
A day in the life
- Assist with kitchen operations by delivering hot & cold food and other supplies from our kitchen to outlets onsite
- Thorough cleaning of the kitchen, including dishes and floors and operating a commercial dishwasher to a high standard
- Food preparation assistance with grab and go catering
- Assist with receiving deliveries
- Follow all health and safety procedures when carrying out tasks
- Assist with ad hoc duties as required by our Chefs and Site Manager
- Provide a warm, friendly and welcoming style of service to customers
What we’ll need from you
- Hold a Manuel Driver’s licence
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work in a busy and faced paced kitchen hand role
- Highly regarded if you have previous knife skills
- Strong awareness of Hygiene & Food Safety Standards
- Be a great team player! This is great team of people with great energy and desire to do a great job!
- Excellent communication skills with superior customer service skills
Compass Group is an organisation that's proud of its great people. We believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent and offer many diverse opportunities for career advancement. Recognised as an employer of choice we also have an attractive benefits program including a competitive salary and incentive scheme, recognition programs including service and safety awards, team event days, site based benefits and company discounts