Chartwell’s (part of the world's biggest contract catering company, Compass Group)philosophy centres on providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative and quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high-street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market.
What we're looking for
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and creative Chef de Parties who wants to showcase their appetite for producing exceptional fresh seasonal food and demonstrate their flair and passion for perfection through our menus. At our client site, one of Australia's most prestigious independent boy's education establishments based in Parramatta, we serve thousands of meals every day as well as cater for a diverse range of functions & events so your experience in quality & innovative high volume catering is a must!
A bit about you
- Chef's Trade Qualifications with at least 2 years+ experience in a similar role - catering for large guest numbers
- You will be responsible for the production of culinary offerings
- Talent and drive to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of all kitchen operations and exciting food trends
- Proven track record for a strong attention to detail with the ability to communicate to all levels of stakeholders & colleagues
- Applied knowledge and passion for understanding OHS, Food Safety & HACCP regulations
- Assist and oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of our vast range of food offerings
- Actively maintain a complete awareness and desire for nutrition and healthy eating
- Championing the significance of allergy awareness and ensuring controls are adhered to
- Influencing food costs via portion control, waste minimisation & stock control
- Uphold the fantastic customer focus at all times
- Ensure the safe production of a high-quality product without comprise to the food safety guidelines provided
The successful candidates will need to apply for, or have, a valid Working with Children's Check
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development; recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; and company discounts. Enjoy working with a great team who enjoy providing excellent service. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative ‘foodie’ who wants to be a part of a busy and energetic team.