Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide. Your passion for great food and brilliant service will be rewarded at Eurest with the freedom to fit work into your busy lifestyle. Flexible working hours, a variety of work locations and great people is where it starts. Talented and motivated food lovers can expect their careers to flourish with one of the world's most recognised foodservices brands.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Chef to join our team onsite at CAE Aviation Academy in Moorabbin. It is the perfect place for a young, vibrant, innovative Chef who is wanting to be part of an exceptional team and ensure the food offer at the site is delivered to an exceptional standard. The ideal candidate will have longevity in previous positions and must have a real passion for creating fresh seasonal food and show flair and creativity through our menus.
Please note, you must be available to work Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 7pm
A day in the life
- Produce incredibly delicious culinary offerings in line with current food trends
- Actively maintain an complete awareness and desire for nutrition and healthy eating
- Championing the significance and accurate implementation of allergy awareness controls
- Influencing food costs via portion control, waste minimisation and stock control.
- Uphold the fantastic customer focus at all times, responding to feedback positively and proactively
- Pursuing and fulfilling great ideas and seeking opportunities for improvement
- Ensure the safe production of a high quality product without comprise to the food safety guidelines provided
A bit about you
- Chef's Trade Qualifications with at least 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience as a Chef in a comparable environment with high volume experience
- Talent and drive to work under pressure, un-supervised and to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations
- Passion for understanding OHS, Food Safety & HACCP regulations
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.