Chef Retail & Functions | Casual | Melbourne Zoo
Job no: 556557
Work type: Casual
We are hiring talented Casual Chefs to join our amazing team at Melbourne Zoo. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, being able to work efficiently under pressure and have FUN at the same time is second nature to you! This role will see you develop your career by working with a variety of different cuisines and produce as well as in different capacities - from A la carte to premium function catering. This is a casual role offering flexibility over a 7 day operation.
- A la carte and function catering
- Cooking and food preparation
- General kitchen duties
- Deliver high quality function and café food
- Work unsupervised in the kitchen if required
- Comply with the company's policy and procedures
- Contribute new and creative ideas to the function menu
- Chef's Trade Qualifications, Cert III or higher
- Produce delicious culinary offerings for functions/events
- Prepare and present mouth-watering and innovative dishes
- Strong allergy awareness
- Influencing food costs via portion control, waste minimisation and stock control.
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development; recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; and company discounts.
If you are hungry for a new challenge and want to have fun while you earn money, we want to hear from you - Apply Now!!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now