Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide. Restaurant Associates delivers hospitality excellence to a range of premier locations with a small number of high profile niche clients, who share the same high-quality standards for food and service to enhance the overall experience. We are constantly looking to grow, develop and strengthen our customer offering.
We are currently seeking a polished Full Time Kitchen Hand to join our corporate hospitality team at one of Melbourne’s iconic sites, the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV). This is an exciting opportunity for creative ‘foodies’ working within a close-knit team that will allow you to develop your skills and build your knowledge alike.
You will be required to have full availability as the role is Monday - Sunday both day and possible late nights.
A day in the life
- Thorough cleaning of the kitchen, including dishes and floors and operating a commercial dishwasher to a high standard
- Food preparation assistance
- Stock rotation and stock control
- Follow all health and safety procedures when caring out all tasks
- Assist with ad hoc duties as required by our Chefs and Site Manager
- Provide a warm, friendly and welcoming style of service to customers
What we’ll need from you
- Ability to take direction
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work in a busy and faced paced kitchen hand role
- Highly regarded if you have previous knife skills
- Great team player! This is great team of people with great energy with a desire to do a great job!
- Exceptional personal presentation – this role will be in the eye of our customer and you will be the face of the company to our customers
- Excellent communication skills with superior customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.