Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide. Restaurant Associates delivers hospitality excellence to a range of premier locations with a small number of high profile niche clients, who share the same high-quality standards for food and service to enhance the overall experience. We are constantly looking to grow, develop and strengthen our customer offering.
We have a fantastic Full time opportunity for an experienced Retail Manager to come and join our team at Museums Victoria. We are looking for someone who would fit the team as a hands-on leader at Museums Victoria. Someone who can inspire and lead from the front, setting the example for the rest of the team to follow. Our corporate client is in a busy, well-structured premium location that relies on the people who work in it to deliver consistent, great quality food and service every time.
This is a role for a talented industry professional that can not only effectively lead staff and please discerning regular clients but truly wants to passionately contribute to our Compass Vision & Values. This role leads the Retail Operations of Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Immigration Museum. There will be late nights and weekend work required based on Operational Requirements.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of services including Nocturnal and other evening retail events
- Contribute to the product development and implementation of strategic plans to achieve ongoing improvements across all 3 venues
- Deliver effective coaching, training & development to the team
- Maintain excellence in food safety standards to ensure you maximise the customer experience and drives sales while delivering outstanding customer service in all venues.
- Liaise and Support the Site Manager with other ad hoc requirements including financial and administrative tasks
- Excellent communication and organisational skills along with sound decision making and a keen eye for innovation and detail
- You are super organised, a multi-tasker and love responsibility
- Experience with Specialty Coffee - good barista skills.
- Previous experience as a Retail Cafe Manager in a comparable corporate multisite environment
- Thorough knowledge of food hygiene and safety requirements within a hospitality space
- Experience in effectively managing costs – highly advantageous
- Proven stock control, ordering, cash handling and training experience
- Able to keep cool in fast paced environment
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.