Chef | Casual | Townsville
Job no: 556708
Location: QLD FNQ
Work type: Casual
Categories: Chef, Kitchen Support, Customer Service, Functions/Events
ESS delivers the best hospitality and catering services to many Government sites in Australia and around the world. Our leading edge catering systems mean that delivering a fantastic customer service experience is always our aim. We thrive on the challenge ….. and we get the job done safely!
We are currently recruiting for Casual Chefs to join our team at Lavarack Barracks. If you are eager to expand on your skills, have a passion for food and quality, we want to hear from you! There is a variety of shifts available, read on for more details about this opportunity!
We can offer you;
- Great Work Life Balance
- Limited Late Nights
- Great Team Environment
- Meals when on duty
- Car Parking On Site
- Preparing buffet style bulk cooking for Breakfast and Lunch or Dinner and Desserts
- You will offer guidance and support to the kitchen team where needed
- Ensure all OH&S compliance is achieved
- Working on your own, unsupervised or within a team of other Chefs depending on the size of the kitchen
- Ensuring all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with our customers and/or client
- Qualified Chefs – Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Bulk Catering experience (essential), bulk cooking, Buffet / Banquet Chef, Function Chef experience highly desirable
- Work Independently
- HACCP Food handling experience
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to fit in with changing teams
- You will be passionate about food and presentation
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and deliver when it counts
- Flexible with on call requirements and available for weekends
If you are looking for a challenging role and want to join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and "can-do safely". Click apply now.
As you will understand, Government establishments need to be highly secure. This means that due to Government security clearance requirements the successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen and will be subject to an Australian Federal Police check.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now