- Fly in Fly out of Townsville OR Brisbane
- 8 Days On / 6 Days Off
- Cannington Village
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service full capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries and to the defence sector. The full spectrum of services offered ranges from the design and build of camp structures to operational support in catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics.
We are recruiting for an Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO) who will also be required to complete general grounds maintenance Utility work on non-flight days. You will work on a remote accommodation site in Far North Queensland on a roster of 8 days on 6 days off on a Fly in Fly out basis from Townsville OR Brisbane. The right candidate will be flexible in their approach to work as they will need to juggle two roles - depended upon business requirements. You will be comfortable
- Monitor vehicle and pedestrian traffic on the airport tarmac areas, ensuring all safety concerns are addressed
- You will also responsible for assisting in airport terminal security and air side safety by undertaking a daily checklist of lights and markers and general inspections
- Grounds maintenance and cleaning duties
- Prepare accurate logs and reports
- Perform any emergency duties associated with the safety of staff and guests, and the cleanliness of the airport area, as required
- Perform apron security functions when required, during embarkation and disembarkation of aircraft
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer certification from accredited training service provider
- Previous experience in an airport operations role
- MR (Medium Rigid) vehicle licence
- Forklift licence
- Aviation Dangerous Goods Awareness certificate
- Flight Radio Telephone Operators course completion
- Ability to pass security background checks for aerodrome security compliance
- Demonstrate strong safety focus and excellent communication skills
- Be able to consistently achieve high standards while working to strict deadlines
- Experience in a similar role and exposure in the aviation industry
In addition, the ARO will be team oriented, able to function safely whilst under pressure and have a high attention to detail. They will support the broader aircraft flight line operations team and will have experience with camp administration/flight and travel bookings. The ARO will be part of the Emergency Response team and will need to pass role specific training required by aircraft operators.
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development, a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.