- Work with the biggest employers of Chefs worldwide
- Play a key role in our future success
- Our kitchen teams cook together and develop together
Compass Group are the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries and to the defence sector. The full spectrum of services offered ranges from the design and build of camp structures to operational support in catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics.
Our Chefs are employed to prepare, cook and serve good quality food for our customers on our sites which cater for 100 – 350 residents. We currently have a vacancy at one of our remote sites near Broken Hill and Mildura for a Chef. The successful applicant will ensure all tasks associated with food production are completed with due regard to all Health and Safety and Food safety regulations. The successful candidate will preferably have experience in remote and bulk cooking for up to 350 people.
- Preparing buffet style bulk cooking for Breakfast and Crib lunch, or Dinner and Desserts
- Some baking and pastry experience is essential as well as preparing and serving breakfast, dinner, and making salads
- You will work within a team of Chefs, kitchen utilities and dining room employees to deliver exceptional quality and service to the village residents
- Ensuring all OH&S compliance is achieved, adhere to safe work practices and safe food handling procedures
- Ensure all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Offer guidance and support to the kitchen team where needed, to ensure a great experience for all customers
- Enhance workplace culture – display high levels of customer service, contribute ideas and be flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Some cleaning tasks are also required as part of this position
- You will be a qualified Chef with Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Need to have good time management skills, be organised and work well in a small team environment
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be a team player, but also be able to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to fit in with changing teams
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & trainee-ships; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site-based benefits; and company discounts.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.