ESS delivers the best hospitality and catering services to many Government sites in Australia and around the world. Our leading edge catering systems mean that delivering a fantastic customer service experience is always our aim. We thrive on the challenge ….. and we get the job done safely!
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Full-time Chef to join our team at Army Aviation Centre in Oakey. You will be a Hospitality superstar and will be a proven leader of back of house teams that provide a first class customer service experience. This position is predominately set around bulk cooking with a set rotating menu. This role will see you completing 76 hours a fortnight within a family friend roster. There may also be opportunities for overtime depending on operational requirements.
- Preparing buffet style bulk cooking for Breakfast and Lunch or Dinner and Desserts
- You will offer guidance and support to the kitchen team where needed
- Ensure all OH&S compliance is achieved
- Working on your own, unsupervised or within a team of other Chefs depending on the size of the site
- Ensuring all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with residents
- Qualified Chefs – Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Bulk Catering experience (essential), bulk cooking, Buffet / Banquet Chef, Function Chef experience highly desirable
- Work Independently
- HACCP Food handling experience
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to fit in with changing teams
- You will be passionate about food and presentation
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and deliver when it counts
- Flexible with on call requirements and available for weekends
- Must have own transport (No public transport available)
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.
The successful applicant will be provided with full training and ongoing support while working in a dynamic and fun working environment.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team – Apply Now!
As you will understand, Government establishments need to be highly secure. This means that due to Government security clearance requirements the successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and will be subject to an Australian Federal Police check.