- Prestigious private girls’ school!
- Monday - Friday Opportunity!
- Join the global leader in food & support services!
Chartwell’s philosophy centres around providing tailored, boutique & unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative & quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high street expectations & idiosyncrasies of our market.
We are looking for an experienced & enthusiastic Chef to work in our kitchen from Monday - Friday (1230pm-830pm). Working across our functions, retail & residential dining operations you'll be able to work unsupervised and lead & train the Catering Assistants on duty.
You'll have a passion for producing great food, & demonstrate an understanding of the latest trends & healthy eating principles to an eager audience.
Your role will look like this
- Prepare & present innovative internationally inspired dishes to hungry boarding students
- Prep & deliver all items across our broad menus & daily specials
- Deliver to our Client's high expectation of a premium experience
- Build positive relationships with our internal & external customers
- Adhering to all relevant health & safety & food safety standards
- Ensure the safe production of a quality product is maintained, without compromise, to our food safety guidelines
A bit about you
- Chef's Trade Qualifications
- The ability to work with and lead a small to medium team
- Passionate about clean healthy cooking - preparing dishes from scratch
- Knowledge of vegetarian/vegan food would be an advantage
- Experience managing allergens is essential
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures & operations
- Full understanding of OHS, Hygiene & HACCP regulations
We place great importance on being an employer of choice & offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training & development opportunities, recognition programs including awards, long service & team event days; site based benefits; & company discounts. This role requires a current Working With Children Check.
If this sounds like the role for you, click apply now.