- FIFO from Brisbane OR Townsville
- 7 Days On / 7 Days Off - 12 hours per day
- CANNINTGON VILLAGE - Remote Camp
From oil rigs to goldmines and everything in between; we deliver hospitality services in some of Australia's most beautiful but least hospitable locations. We thrive on the challenge of getting the seemingly impossible done… and doing it safely!
Your can-do attitude, safety focus and passion for great food and service will be rewarded with excellent benefits and conditions. A variety of work locations and rosters are just the beginning. Talented and motivated team members can expect their careers to flourish with ESS, one of the world's most recognised remote support services brands.
Our security brand Omega Security Services is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Security Officer to join our Cannington Village on a Full Time basis.
The position is based on a 7 days on, 7 days off roster - 12 hour day.
- Conducting regular foot or mobile patrols on the sites
- Provide basic response for: fire/security alarms, anti-social behaviour, room lockouts and basic first aid
- Monitoring of critical infrastructure and personnel
- Monitor Digital Mobile Network system (DMR)
- Provide basic crowd control
- Compiling periodical Security Audit Reports, as well as ad hoc reports as required
- Compile the daily occurrence/incident log and conduct appropriate handover
- Responding to incidents
- Ensure site integrity and safety
- Provide a physical presence in order to deter disturbance
- Compile periodical Security Audit Reports, as well as ad hoc reports as required
- Uphold all Federal and state laws
To be considered to this position you must possess all of the following:
- Certificate II (or above) in Security Operations;
- Current First Aid Certificate or Higher CPR
- Current Manual Driver’s License (unencumbered)
- Current Passport with at least six months validity or Australian Birth Certificate; and
- National Police Clearance
- Basic computer skills
- Good report writing skills
- Observant, confident, good problem solving skills
- Physically fit and reliable
We place great importance in looking after our people and offer excellent career opportunities including opportunities anywhere in Australia (or the world) where we operate, corporate health plan discounts, a range of discounts and special offers with our preferred benefit providers, learning and development opportunities including traineeships and apprenticeships, service awards and reward and recognition programs including our annual Star Awards.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.