- South Brisbane Location
- Close to Public Transport Links
- Great Development Opportunities
Medirest provides non-medical services that keep Australia's healthcare facilities in top shape. From small private hospitals to the largest public health campuses, our broad range of service solutions include catering, retail, facilities management, cleaning services, security and help desk.
Medirest have supported the Queensland Children’s Hospital to deliver services for sick kids and will continue to support the children, families and staff who have the daunting task of visiting the Hospital each day.
We are currently looking for casual Hospital Porters to assist in the daily support services of patients. The primary focus of this vital role is to ensure maximum patient comfort whilst maintaining efficient and timely service throughout the hospital. You may be required to transfer patients, specimens, equipment or documents between a variety of departments including; theaters, in patient wards and emergency. This is a physically demanding role in a dynamic, fast paced hospital environment. Your positive, empathetic, can-do attitude will be the key to your success in this rewarding role.
- Assisting and supporting clinical staff in the provision of patient care
- Providing patient transport; transferring patients to and from wards and departments,
- Transferring files, specimen samples and pharmacy boxes to different parts of the hospital
- Moving complex and valuable medical equipment
- Providing theatre assistance incl. preparing operating rooms and cleaning and maintaining the theatres and equipment
- Infection Control, OH & S compliance
- General cleaning duties
- Displays a positive and resilient nature
- Experience in a similar position highly desirable
- Ability to deliver high levels of service to customers, with a focus on patients' comfort and needs
- Flexible, reliable and ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work shift work, 7 days a week on a rotating roster
In line with the required legislation, a valid and current National Police check, Working With Children (Blue Card) and Hepatitis B Immunity will be required as part of the standard recruitment and selection process for this position.
This idyllic purpose built facility, great location and fantastic Medirest team are an added bonus to knowing you have made a difference in a sick child's life today, this is a truly rewarding environment to work in and somewhere you will feel proud to work.
In line with the required Legislation, a Valid and Current (12months) Police check and Blue Card will be required as part of the standard recruitment and selection process for this position. In addition, a serology showing immunity to Hepatitis B, or evidence of a current immunisation schedule will be required.
Join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and "can-do safely". Click apply now.