Catering Assistant I Part Time I North Parramatta
Job no: 558932
Work type: Part Time
Categories: Kitchen Support
Chartwell’s (part of the world's biggest contract catering company, Compass Group)philosophy centres on providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative and quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high-street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Catering Assistants based at a prestigious boys school in Parramatta. This serves thousands of meals per day, so would suit someone that thrives in a fast based, high volume kitchen.
A day in the life
- Food preparation with knowledge of food allergens is preferred
- Stock rotation and stock control
- Ensuring to follow all health and safety procedures when caring out all tasks
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by our fantastic Chefs and Management
- Operating a commercial dishwasher to a high standard
- Assist with general kitchen duties under the direction of the Site Manager
- Maintain cleanliness and provide a warm, friendly and welcoming style of service to customers
What we’ll need from you
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably with knowledge in food allergens
- Good communication skills and ability to take direction well
- Strong work ethic - willing to learn and be part of a fast-paced dynamic team
- The successful candidates will need to apply for, or have, a valid Working with Children's Check
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend