Compass Group are the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for Casual Chefs/Cooks to join our teams based at RAAF Richmond, Air HQ Glenbrook and Orchard Hills. You will be required to work at all 3 sites. If you are a chef/cook, looking for the next step in your career, are ready for a fun and exciting new challenge, this is the job for you! Working at our sites means you will enjoy a fantastic work/life balance, with a variety of shifts, opportunity for overtime and great exposure to dine in nights, functions and parties, this position will keep you on your toes!
- Preparing buffet style bulk cooking;
- You will offer guidance and support to the kitchen team where needed;
- Ensure all OH&S compliance is achieved;
- Working on your own, unsupervised and in a team – it all depends on what’s on!
- Ensuring all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum;
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with customers
- Qualified Chef - At least 3 years post trade experience (essential);
- Bulk Catering, bulk cooking, Buffet / Banquet Chef, Function Chef experience highly desirable;
- HACCP Food handling experience
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must;
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to fit in with changing teams;
- You will be passionate about food and presentation;
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and deliver when it counts
- Flexible with on call requirements and available for weekends
Why should you apply?
- Supportive fun team
- Limited late nights
- Opportunity for career development! If you’re looking for a clear pathway to career progression – we can provide that and proactively promote from within!
- Great opportunities for a variety of training
- Get creative! Although our service is predominantly focussed on commercial catering, we have regular opportunities to get involved in functions, dining in nights, themed events, end of year functions etc.!
If you are looking for a challenging role and want to join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and "can-do safely". Click apply now.
As you will understand, Defence establishments need to be highly secure. This means that due to Defence security clearance requirements the successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen and will be subject to an Australian Federal Police check.