- Casual Opportunities: Monday – Friday
- Rediscover the joys of life outside of work & get the life balance you deserve!
- Enjoy working in various site locations in Sydney CBD and surrounding suburbs
We are on the hunt for Chefs who want to share their appetite for exceptional food & demonstrate their flair & passion throughout multiple Sydney CBD, and outer suburb, kitchen locations. We are searching for someone who can showcase diversity, passion about producing great food and understanding the latest trends and healthy eating principles. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative 'foodie' who wants to be part of various busy teams within Compass Group, such as Sydney Town Hall, Westpac, University of New South Wales, and more!
Who are we?
Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. In Australia alone, we have 600+ sites and employee over 12,000 people, and we are growing every day.
Who are you?
- Qualified Chef with a passion for food and presentation;
- Flexible and adaptive to changing teams;
- Willing to work at various locations plus
- Minimum of four (4) days availability per week;
- Experience in a comparable environment as well as high volume experience;
- Canapés and high end sit down formal function experience essential;
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must;
- Flexible with on call requirements;
- Talent and drive to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations;
- Passion for understanding WHS, Food Safety & HACCP regulations
A day in the life
- Working on your own, unsupervised and in a team – it all depends on what’s on!
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with customers;
- Maintaining a high standard of food hygiene, safety, infection control and cleanliness in accordance with Compass Group standards;
- Prepare, cook and present all our mouth-watering culinary offerings ensuring that the food you offer at the site is delivered to an exceptional standard;
- Actively maintain a complete awareness and desire for nutrition and healthy eating;
- Pursuing and fulfilling great ideas and seeking opportunities for improvement;
- Ensure the safe production of a high-quality product without comprise to the food safety guidelines provided;
- Ensure all WH&S compliance is achieved
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days; site-based benefits; and company discounts.
** Sites will require a valid Police Check **
Click APPLY Now!