Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.
Tastelife is a health and wellbeing program committed to improving the mental and physical wellbeing of the communities in which it operates. Our national program links all the elements of healthy eating, education, exercise and lifestyle activities and social events to ensure a holistic approach to the health of Fly-in-Fly-Out (FIFO) workers, their families and the wider community. We are seeking expressions of interest from potential Full-Time Karratha local hire candidates who are engaging and enthusiastic health, lifestyle and community professionals to work as Tastelife Community Coordinators to engage and support two-way integration of FIFO village residents and the city of Karratha.
- Working closely with the City of Karratha, Karratha Districts Chamber of Commerce and Industry, local businesses and community associations to facilitate the integration of the village residents and the Karratha community.
- Encourage, support and improve the use of Tambrey and Karratha city facilities, community events, organisations, sporting clubs and local businesses through ongoing promotion and transport facilitation.
- Act as the Village lifestyle coordinator for health and wellbeing activities at the village including conducting Health Assessments and Gym Inductions for residents and community members
- Manage and maintain all sporting, leisure and recreational activities and facilities on site, including recreational oval use for activity providers.
- Implement and assist in the coordination of company-wide and community appropriate health, fitness and wellbeing strategies and initiatives.
- Effective management utilisation of digital platforms (including social media) for promotion and communication within both the village and city of Karratha.
- Ensure communication (email & meetings), recording and reporting processes are followed as required by stakeholders
The Ideal candidate:
- Flexibility to work evenings/ weekends/ split shifts as village and community events and calendar requires
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships and develop ongoing productive partnerships with all community stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and engaging with a passion for physical and mental health and wellbeing
- Demonstrate a pro-active, well organised approach to working independently and collaboratively as required
- Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills
- Local resident of Karratha or surrounding area
- Minimum six (6) months experience working in health promotion, community or event coordination, health and fitness facility management or similar position
- Prior experience in relationship management and stakeholder engagement
- Cert 3 in fitness (or equivalent)
- Australian manual drivers’ licence
- Federal Police Clearance
- Degree qualified (Bachelor of Science in Health promotion, Physical Education, Exercise Science)
- Cert 4 in Fitness and Group fitness experience
- Events co-ordination and health promotion background
Your commitment to quality service delivery will be rewarded through excellent career and development opportunities. As an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, health insurance discounts and many other benefits. Join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and "can-do safely".