- International Company operating at 800 sites throughout Australia
- Work with the biggest employers of chefs worldwide
- Rewarding job. Excellent support. Great team
Compass Group are the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries and to the defence sector. The full spectrum of services offered ranges from the design and build of camp structures to operational support in catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Chef to join our team at our Coppabella site on a Drive in Drive out basis working 2 weeks on, 1 week off working and 10 hour days. The role is a "hands on" position and will require a Chef who is happy to be "on the tools" with his team and visible to the customer. This site on average is a 600 man camp, with the successful applicant working rotating roster of Breakfast and Dinner shifts.
- Deliver to our client's high expectation of a premium experience, using premium products
- Maintaining a high standard of food hygiene, safety, infection control and cleanliness in accordance with Compass standards
- Contribute innovative ideas towards our food budget
- Ensuring all OH&S compliance is a achieved, adhere to safe work practices and safe food handling procedures
- Ensure all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Model high standards of performance and behaviour
- Develop team commitment and cooperation by assisting the Head Chef to manage team performance and coach and develop others
- Ensure staff adhere to food safety procedures
- You will be a qualified Chef with Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Bulk catering experience (essential)
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in menu writing, rostering and cost control
- Food safety supervisor certificate essential
- Solid understanding of classic techniques with a flair for modern presentation
- Passion for excellent quality food, produce and service
- Ability to maintain a calm and respectful demeanour at all times; no matter the circumstance
- Versatile and personable professional willing to engage with colleagues and customers
- Complying with hygienic work practices and appropriate HACCP guidelines
- The ability to foster close and positive working relationships with staff, key clients and customers is essential as are sound verbal and written communication skills.
Compass Group is an organisation that's proud of its great people. We believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent and offer many diverse opportunities for career advancement. Recognised as an employer of choice we also have an attractive benefits program including a competitive salary and incentive scheme, recognition programs including service and safety awards, team event days, site based benefits and company discounts.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.