- Permanent - Full Time
- 14 Days On / 7 Days Off - 10 hours per day
- FIFO from Brisbane ONLY
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries and to the defence sector. The full spectrum of services offered ranges from the design and build of camp structures to operational support in catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics.
ESS Support Services, currently has a Head Chef opportunity available within our remote business. On a daily basis your responsibilities will include hands on cooking, managing our client relationship and contractual requirements, managing and motivating a dedicated team of kitchen staff, managing budgets and rosters to meet operational needs and maintaining a safe work environment. This position will require you to think on your feet with the ability to prioritise and delegate to solve issues as they arise. You will be leading a small team of Chefs and Kitchen Hands and will also be in charge of catering for onsite functions. Your passion for exceptional customer service, genuine commitment to safety and strong people management skills are essential for you to succeed in this role.
This position is on a Fly-In, Fly-Out - 14 days on - on a 14 days on 7 days off roster. FIFO from Brisbane ONLY
- You will be a qualified chef with proven kitchen management experience (Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent)
- Commitment and ability to drive a positive and sustainable safety culture
- First class leadership skills, with the ability to keep motivating an established team
- Financial acumen in the areas of budgeting, cost control and monthly reporting
- The ability to think on your feet with the ability to prioritise and delegate to solve issues that may arrive
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be a team player, but also be able to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations including HACCP and safety
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to fit in with changing teams
Compass Group is an organisation that's proud of its great people. We believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent and offer many diverse opportunities for career advancement. Recognised as an employer of choice we also have an attractive benefits program including a competitive salary and incentive scheme, recognition programs including service and safety awards, team event days, site based benefits and company discounts.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.