It takes a special kind of caring to do what we do…. and to do it well. Medirest is part of Compass Group, the global leader in catering and support services and recognises the importance of providing a flexible, individually tailored local service to meet the specialist needs of our clients. Our clients deserve our best and at Medirest, we're committed to making sure we give them nothing less.
We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced Catering Supervisor to join our Senior Living site at Cessnock. The successful candidate will be well equipped to provide fantastic service to the residents as well as efficiently supervising staff and exceeding client expectations. Ideally, you will have some supervisory experience teamed with a customer centric focus.
This role is a part-time permanent role (20+ hours per week) required to work every weekend between 11:30am - 5:30pm and two night shifts Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 7:30pm.
- In collaboration with the catering management team, supervision of the front of house operations ensuring compliance with all company standards, policies and procedures and legislative requirements
- Establish robust communication amongst the team
- Develop a culture of teamwork, openness, responsibility and passion for quality
- Drive service excellence and continuous improvement
- Coordinate staff resources for operational and training requirements
- Drive strong compliance performance supported by safety and quality audits
- Completion of daily administrative tasks ensuring consistency and accuracy at all times
- Strong people management skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised to meet key operational requirements, stand in for & support Management team as & when required
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems
- Ability to understand food safety and infection control principles
- Auditing and monitoring skills
- Good organisational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to provide training where required
- Administrative skills
In line with the required legislation, a valid and current police clearance and influenza vaccination will be required as part of the standard recruitment and selection process for this position.
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities for high performers. As a large organisation we often have opportunities for career advancement, as well as opportunities to move within the business. We offer competitive salaries, recognition programs including individual and team awards, long service and company event days and a variety of corporate discounts.
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.