- Prestigious School in the Eastern Suburbs
- Opportunity to make the kitchen team yours
- Continue your career growth within our education sector
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.
Chartwell’s philosophy centres around providing tailored, boutique & unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative & quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high street expectations & idiosyncrasies of our market.
We are looking for an experienced & enthusiastic, self-driven Sous Chef that will lead our passionate and talented kitchen team.
Working closely with the Site Manager while leading a team of employees across our retail and function operations.
You will be given the opportunity to showcase your passion for producing great food, while demonstrating an understanding of the latest trends & healthy eating principles to an eager audience.
Create the space and culture! New team to build on your vision
Work life balance with school holidays off.
A day in the life
- Prepare & present innovative local and international inspired dishes to students
- Monitor costs with special regard to portion control, waste minimisation & stock control
- Manage food safety and Allergen Management on site
- Plan and develop seasonal menus specific to the site requirements and budgets.
- Prep & deliver all items across our broad menus & daily specials
- Be part of our passionate team who will be dedicated to creating memorable experiences
- Build positive relationships with our internal & external customers
- Adhering to all relevant health & safety & food safety standards
- Ensure the safe production of a quality product is maintained, without compromise, to our food safety guidelines
- BOH administration responsibilities
A bit about you
- Chef's Trade Qualifications
- Experience as a Sous Chef or Head Chef in a comparable environment (highly desirable)
- Must have experience with menu creation / costings
- Must have experience leading a team
- Passionate about cooking trends for different service styles residential meals, Retail/Bistros and Functions Knowledge of vegetarian/vegan food would be an advantage
- Experience managing allergens and is essential
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures & operations
- Be computer literate across emails, ordering & invoicing systems
- Able to prioritise & demonstrate effective time management
- Full understanding of OHS, Hygiene & HACCP regulations
We place great importance on being an employer of choice & offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training & development including apprenticeships & traineeships, recognition programs including awards, long service & team event days; site-based benefits; & company discounts.
Respect. Growth. Teamwork.