Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.
Chartwell’s philosophy centres around providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of high-street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market.
We are seeking an experienced Hospitality Manager to lead a high performing team based in the Inner East. In this challenging and diverse role, you will be responsible for overseeing campus-wide functions, residential catering, student dining and laundry services. This is a role for a focused and motivated manager who thrives on a challenge and enjoys motivating, mentoring and building an effective and professional team.
The person will have:
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience at management level, qualifications in hospitality with business management preferred
- Good communication and people management skills are essential
- Experience in a comparable environment or within a multisite catering environment
- Proactive leader who is professional, positive, supportive and motivated with experience in recruiting, mentoring, training and developing a team of hospitality professionals
- Is adamant about the pursuit of high levels of customer satisfaction with the aim being that the team delivers an exceptional experience every time
- Can encourage and lead others to develop a quality branded operation
- Communicate and work collaboratively with the client on all aspects of delivering a quality service to achieve mutually rewarding outcomes
- Developing leadership and employee capability, and foster a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and innovation
- Build and leverage effective stakeholder relationships to achieve business objectives
- Driving operational efficiency to maximize financial results without compromising quality
- Catering at a high level for events and functions (internal and external stakeholders)
- Quality delivery and oversight of residential boarding requirements
- Oversight of the provision of quality products to a commercial café
- Oversight of the development and professional presentation of the commercial café staff
- Provision of quality service and product to student tuckshops.
- Personally develop every team member by listening, coaching, supporting and encouraging them to optimize performance
- Oversight of the administrative functions associated within your responsibility remit
As a Manager with Compass Group, you will have the support, infrastructure, systems and processes that you would expect from a global organisation. As an employer of choice, we have an attractive benefits program including a competitive salary and incentive scheme, recognition programs and company discounts. If you’re looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group is for you. Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry’s best.
Continue your career growth with the company who values your contribution. Respect. Growth. Teamwork.