Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
Our Chartwells Education division offers a passion for food to the education market. With a key focus on catering in University Colleges, Independent schools and providing retail, boarding and function catering solutions, the emphasis is on personalised flexible service and thinking differently to create a unique point of difference for our clients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Casual Catering Assistant to join our dedicated team based in Ballarat. This opportunity will provide you with a challenging and varied role where you will learn be a part of a fast-paced catering operation. This role will have a mixture of both Front of House and Back of House duties working a flexible roster.
- Consistently deliver great customer service
- Preparing and presenting food
- General cleaning of the kitchen and dining room
- Temperature Checks as directed
- Operating a register and handling money
- Unpacking goods and checking deliveries
- Knowledge of food handling/service and preparation with basic knife skills
- High level of personal presentation and organisational skills
- Knowledge of OH&S guidelines and HACCP
- Experience in customer service
- Barista experience would be a great advantage but is not necessary
- Previous Catering Assistant experience
- A current Working with Children Check, or happy to obtain one.
If you are seeking a professional career and a great working environment, this is the position for you. Career progression is always available within our large range of sites and venues.
Join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and "can-do safely". Click apply now!