Chartwell’s (part of Compass Group Australia) philosophy centres on providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative and quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high-street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market.
Your new role
We currently have a vacancy for a Sous Chef at our site in Camperdown. You will be based at one of The University of Sydney's presitgious tertiary co-educational residential colleges and join a great team! Led by an inspirational, motivating and inspired Site Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in providing a varied, healthy & delicious menu to the students. Health and well-being is paramount whilst at the same time providing a level of exceptional customer service.
Some of your key duties
- You will work within a team of Chefs, kitchen utilities & dining room employees to deliver exceptional quality and service to the students
- Ensuring all OH&S compliance is achieved, adhere to safe work practices and safe food handling procedures
- Ensure all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Offer guidance and support to the kitchen team where needed, to ensure a great experience for all customers
- Enhance workplace culture – display high levels of customer service, contribute ideas and be flexible to meet the needs of the business
- You will be a qualified Chef with Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Previous experience at Sous Chef or senior Chef level is ideal
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be a team player, but also be able to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to fit in with changing teams
- Ability to obtain or have a valid working with children's check
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities for high performers. As a large organisation we often have opportunities for career advancement, as well as opportunities to move within the business. We offer competitive salaries, recognition programs including individual and team awards, long service and company event days and a variety of corporate discounts.
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.