ESS, a division of Compass Group, provides hospitality and catering solutions to many sites in Australia and around the world. Our leading edge catering systems mean that we deliver high quality food coupled with a fantastic customer service experience from Cafe's to Fine Dining.
We are currently looking for Apprentice Chefs to join our teams based at Blamey Barracks & RAAF Base Wagga.
You will have an opportunity to further develop your hospitality skills and experience work in a variety of areas on site. These positions are suited for candidates that like to work in a fasted paced supportive team environment. Training is provided and you'll be working for one of the largest catering and support services company in the world!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the service and preparation of food items, under direct supervision of others, and training in all aspects of the hospitality trade as directed by the Head Chef.
- Assist with organising & preparing food
- Use methods of cookery as shown by the Chef and through formal studies
- Prepare food items in accordance with menu requirements using standard recipes and production methods as directed by the Chef
- Assist food production as directed by the Chef
- Ensure smooth work flow
- Assist receipt of delivery of supplies with Chef supervision
- Clean and maintain kitchen
- Actively observe, learn and practice commercial cookery as per requirements of apprenticeship
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Experienced Kitchen Hands encouraged to apply
- 2nd or 3rd Year apprentices also considered
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive & professional manner
- Physically fit and reliable
- Team player & able to work autonomously
- Passion and creativity for great food and drive to deliver excellent service as part of a multifaceted site
- The ability to take direction and a keen learner, with the right attitude and a keen learner
- The successful applicant will be provided with full training and ongoing support while working in a dynamic and fun working environment.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team – Apply Now!
As you will understand, Defence establishments need to be highly secure. This means that due to Defence security clearance requirements the successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen and will be subject to an Australian Federal Police check.