If you're looking for job security apply today. Lots of great benefits on offer and you'll be working with a motivated and stable small team!
ESS Defence delivers the best hospitality and catering services to our Defence personnel. We are committed to providing nutritional and delicious meals to our customers, whether it is in dining halls or out on the field. The work that we do is essential in keeping our Australian Defence Force healthy, comfortable, and living their best Defence Life!
We are currently looking for a qualified Chef to join our team in Blamey Barracks. This position is full-time completing a minimum of 76 hours per fortnight. This position is suited for candidates that enjoy bulk cooking. We offer a supportive team environment and full training of our processes and procedures. If successful in obtaining this role, you will be working for one of the largest catering and support services company in the world!
· Qualified Chef – Certificate III or above in Commercial Cookery
· 2 years+ Previous experience in a bulk cooking
· HACCP Food handling experience
· Attention to detail, fantastic food presentation and strong organisational skills.
· Given the sites location, applicants must have their own transport and drivers licence
· Preparing buffet style bulk cooking for a variety of service times including breakfast, lunch or dinner, desserts and functions
· Ensure all OH&S compliance is achieved
· Flexibility in your working approach i.e. working in a small team
· Ensuring you follow all catering controls in place and wastage is kept to a minimum
· Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with our customers.
· Sign on bonus and annual bonus incentive scheme
· Parking on site
· Uniforms supplied.
· Meals when on duty if available
· Family friendly roster
· Afternoon shifts conclude at 7:30pm, no late nights
· Set roster
· Overtime available for functions
Candidates will be required to undertake an Australian national police check. This will be paid for by the Company.
Our people’s unique backgrounds, experience, and abilities are at the heart of our vibrant workforce. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the diverse communities that we serve, where everyone feels empowered and valued. By building diverse teams means we are creating inclusive environments for all our people and also those we connect with through our day to day operation. We welcome & encourage applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, gender expressions, gender identity and people with disability.
Hold tight. You will now be directed to a new page to complete your application.
We'd love to keep in touch so why not join our talent network?
Thank you for your interest