Anywhere and everywhere... Delta Facilities Management offers maintenance and construction services to a diverse range of sectors, in almost any geographic location, at any stage of a project.
A fantastic FULL TIME opportunity, for a highly motivated ‘Grounds / Handyperson’ to join our team in providing grounds and handyman support Spring Mountain State School. Your can-do attitude, safety focus and passion for great service will be rewarded with excellent benefits and conditions.
• Undertake a daily cleaning and inspection of the external grounds and garden areas
• Maintain turfed areas
• Maintain a plant nutrition program
• Maintain an integrated pest management program
• Provide a reactive maintenance to structures and services
• Assist Grounds Maintenance Supervisor with managing the Maintenance Programs and Subcontractors
• Furniture positioning
• Waste servicing
• Remedial actions to assist in the Cleaning duties, to meet surge
• Remedial emergency actions to spills and malicious damage
• Line Marking duties
• Assisting with event setups when required
• Litter Pick up
- The successful candidate will preferably have completed certificates in horticulture / greenkeeping.
• Experienced with grounds maintenance equipment (ride on mowers, brush cutters, hedge trimmer etc)
• Flexible approach and attitude
• Team player and able to work autonomously
• Experience in working in a school or education environment (highly desirable)
• Able to work unsupervised.
• AC/DC licence (highly desirable)
The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Working with Children Blue Card, Australian National Police Clearance and a First Aid Certificate.
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development, a competitive salary and work mobile phone, access to a company vehicle, recognition programs including awards, long service and company discounts.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.
Our people’s unique backgrounds, experience, and abilities are at the heart of our vibrant workforce. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the diverse communities that we serve, where everyone feels empowered and valued. By building diverse teams means we are creating inclusive environments for all our people and also those we connect with through our day to day operation. We welcome & encourage applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, gender expressions, gender identity and people with disability.
Hold tight. You will now be directed to a new page to complete your application.
Refer a friend
Bring your best spuddies to work at Compass Group.
We'd love to keep in touch so why not join our talent network?
Thank you for your interest