Chartwell’s (part of the world's biggest contract catering company, Compass Group) philosophy centres on providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative and quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high-street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market
We are on the hunt for a casual Kitchen Hands to join our culinary team based in Camperdown. Flexibility and availability is required to work over a 7 day roster. Close to public transport.
About the Role
- Thorough cleaning of the kitchen, including dishes and floors
- Food preparation assistance
- Stock rotation and stock control
- Ensuring to follow all health and safety procedures when caring out all tasks
- Operating a commercial dishwasher to a high standard
- Assist with general kitchen duties under the direction of the Site Manager
- Maintain cleanliness and provide a warm, friendly and welcoming style of service to customers
What we’ll need from you
- Ability to take direction
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work in a busy and faced paced kitchen hand role
- Great team player! This is great team of people with great energy and desire to do a great job!
- You love working in a busy and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with superior customer service skills
- Strong work ethic - willing to learn and be part of a fast-paced dynamic team
- The successful candidates will need to apply for, or have, a valid Working with Children's Check
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities for high performers. As a large organisation we often have opportunities for career advancement, as well as opportunities to move within the business. We offer competitive salaries, recognition programs including individual and team awards, long service and company event days and a variety of corporate discounts.
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.
Our people’s unique backgrounds, experience, and abilities are at the heart of our vibrant workforce. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the diverse communities that we serve, where everyone feels empowered and valued. By building diverse teams means we are creating inclusive environments for all our people and also those we connect with through our day to day operation. We welcome & encourage applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, gender expressions, gender identity and people with disability.
Hold tight. You will now be directed to a new page to complete your application.
We'd love to keep in touch so why not join our talent network?
Thank you for your interest